Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bon Appetit




I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner this year. Of course the turkey was the easiest part to prepare but I did try a few other unique recipes from a magazine. I also gave out some assignments to the guests and everyone was happy to help. The part I was most excited about was the place settings - I got to use my grandmother's china, that I inherited, for the first time. I also gathered some wild grasses together with each guest's name and I put some fresh flowers in the tea cups that went with the china. I finally made my Martha dreams a reality. The dinner was tasty and even included such classic dinner conversation topics such as the Presidential election, Hemp legalizaiton and Prop. 8 (you have to think back to the political climate and news hypes back in November.) And while some families were wathcing football, movies, or playing games we had a mini-bioenergy healing seminar! I hope my family that reads this will take it to heart that the day was memorable and much enjoyed! (But you have to find it just a bit amusing.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sue said...

Well Natalie, I for one am glad you updated your blog. It is fun to see all the cute picutres of Sophia and you and Cody. I also love seeing all your crafts. You are an inspiration to us all. :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful table settings Nat! You should have your own magazine.